Catalogue Finding NumberWYC:1477
Office record is held atCalderdale, West Yorkshire Archive Service
TitleCENTRAL METHODIST CHURCH, BRIGHOUSE (BETHEL METHODIST NEW CONNEXION CHURCH), RECORDS (WYC:1477)
DescriptionAgendas and minutes of Church Council meetings, with annual accounts 1986-2010 and building plans 1905
Date1905-2010
Extent0.04/10 items
LevelCollection
AdminHistory1932 was the year of Methodist union when the three principal denominations—Wesleyan Methodist, Primitive Methodist and United Methodist Churches—united to form the Methodist Church as we know it today. In 1936 the Brighouse Circuit was formed and included: Park, Hove Edge and Clifton, Bethel, Ebenezer and Trinity and St Paul’s and Bird’s Royd. Later, Crowtrees (1957) and Lane Head joined the Circuit. By 1982 the following chapels had closed: St Paul’s (1949) Bird’s Royd (1969) Hove Edge Zion (1976). Park, Bethel, Lane Head and Trinity united to form the Central Methodist Church and the Brighouse Circuit consisted of Central, Ebenezer, Clifton, and St Matthew's (united Anglican and Methodist).
Related MaterialBRM
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022